Monday, February 21, 2011

小兔子乖乖 My Little Darling Bunny

video


Every child in China knows this little rhyme and can sing the song. Similar to The Little Red Ridinghood", children learn the lesson that all the wolves are bad guys. It's the earliest safety education for Chinese children. Don't open doors for strangers.
Note that in China, the law doesn't require babysitting for children younger than 12 alone at home. So it is more
important for the children to obey parents' order of not opening door to anybody when mom isn't home. I know I used to be "a darling little bunny", too. My mother had to attend a meeting one night when I was 7, and left me behind alone at home. My kind neighbor dropped by to check on me, but I wouldn't let her in. My neighbor was disappointed, but my mother was proud of me.




小兔子乖乖,把门儿开开。
xiao3tu4zi guai1guai1, ba3 men2er kai1kai1.
快点儿开开,我要进来。
kuai3 dian3er kai1kai1, wo3 yao4 jin4lai2.
不开不开,我不开,bu4kai1 bu4kai1 wo3 bu4kai1
妈妈没回来,ma1ma mei2 hui2lai2,
谁来也不开。shui2 lai2 ye3 bu4kai1.


小兔子乖乖,把门儿开开。
xiao3tu4zi guai1guai1, ba3 men2er kai1kai1.
快点儿开开,我要进来。
kuai3 dian3er kai1kai1, wo3 yao4 jin4lai2.
就开就开,我就开,jiu4kai1 jiu4kai1, wo3 jiu4kai1
妈妈回来了,ma1ma1 hui2lai2 le,
我就把门开。wo3 jiu4 ba3 men2 kai1.

 Translation:


Little bunny, my darling, open the door.
Hurry up and open (the door), (for) I want to come in.
No no, I will not open (the door.)
Mom hasn't come back (home).
Whoever comes, I won't open (the door).

Little bunny, my darling, open the door.
Hurry up and open (the door), (for) I want to come in.
Right away, I'll open right away.
Mom has come back,
I'll open the door right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment